AFTERNOON TOUR. Drive along scenic and silent country roads through the hillside of Tuscany on a Vespa admiring the sights, smells and sounds of the Chianti region!
Our comfortable minivan will take you to the countryside, and will be available in case of any need during all the tour. With a short ride, you will be taken just outside of the busy and bustling city center. First you will receive an orientation conducted by an English speaking trained professional, ensuring the safe operation of the Vespas before we head out for our engaging and enjoyable ride.
The ride, along scenic country roads will offer splendid views of the rolling hillside, vineyards and olive groves, little ancient churches and medieval towers. Several stops for photo opportunities will be made along the way.
You will visit a winery and enjoy a guided tour of their ancient cellars, where you will learn all the secrets of wine and olive oil production.
A typical Tuscan lunch (or dinner, depending on which departure you choose) will be served with a wine tasting.
And the official T-shirt (included) will always remind you of this incredible experience!
Service is operated with original 50cc PIAGGIO VESPA or ZIP scooters. We also provide APE CALESSINO, also called Tuscany Tuk Tuk (3 wheeled Vespa, driven by a tour leader), as alternative if you do not feel comfortable driving.
Mileage on scooter: 20 miles round-trip (32 kms)
Terrain: Mostly paved back roads with very little traffic.
Difficulty: Easy. Average speed 25 km/h (15 mls/h). Minivan support always guaranteed
- A valid driving license is required (although you do not need a motorcycle license) and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 13 years to be a passenger.
- Previous experience is not required but advantageous and highly advised. The tour operator reserves the right of final judgement in client participation of actual scooter driving or in client being a passenger, or to discontinue scooter use at any point of the tour. Any participant unable to drive scooters safely may ride double with a partner, or on the guide’s scooter if available or continue the tour on board one of our support vehichles (the Tuscany Tuk Tuk or the minivan, depending which is available) if unable to be a safe passenger as well. NO REFUND will be granted in this case. OUR FIRST AND FOREMOST CONCERN IS EVERYONE’S SAFETY.
- This tour option entitles client to ride the original PIAGGIO VESPAs, but PIAGGIO ZIP scooters (which are lighter and easier to ride) are available.
- A THIRD-PARTY insurance for civil liability is INCLUDED in the price of the tour. Please note that clients will be given the option to subscribe an additional insurance against vehicle damages.
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accomodate them.
IF THE VESPA IS USED BY A SINGLE PERSON THE PRICE WILL BE €. 130,00.Ask for more informations
First available date